Thursday, August 31, 2017

What I Think About After Mommying All Night Long

Some days, I find it really helps to be grateful for things I don’t normally think about, like I’m grateful that I’m not being forced to sit through a recording of my voice saying “Good morning” on repeat, which wouldn't be too bad at first but would probably turn me insane. And I’m grateful that I don’t have to brush my teeth in front of a celebrity, because that would be hugely anxiety inducing.

Today I went a step further and found myself really grateful to not be experiencing things I actually can relate to, like not having to sleep inclined forty five degrees, and not vomiting at strong smells, like, say, the smell of grass or tap water. Which makes me feel better, because as hard as being interrupted by little ones repeatedly a night is, I prefer it to being woken up by nausea when they are attached inside of my abdomen and leaching all of my nutrients and slowly depleting my life source.

It’s the little things that keep you sane.

A sketch page I did while pregnant because I wasn't up to anything else. The computer you see was about to make me throw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to Old Glasses

A few weeks ago I found a page that looked roughly like this in one of my old journals. Dearest Glasses, Fortunately you were bea...